Hockey-App is the preferred app distribution channel for all Plattar tester apps. Hockey-App will allow you to download and install the latest versions of the apps which you’ve been shared into. You will also have access to the absolute latest builds as they occur.
Accepting your Hockey-App invitation (Android)
Accepting your invitation to Hockey-App will allow you to test the latest developer builds of Plattar powered Applications. Keep in mind that these apps are not production ready and may contain bugs, errors or crashes. The Plattar Development Team is continuously developing these apps and new versions become available very frequently. Hockey-App provides an opportunity for you to test these apps before they go live into the app store.
Follow the instructions below to accept your invitation.
- Your Hockey-App invitation will appear in the e-mail address which you provided to the Plattar Team. If you did not receive your invitation, check your trash folder otherwise contact [email protected] along with the name of your referrer.
Figure: The Hockey-App Invitation
- Your Invitation E-mail will contain a button along with simple instructions on accepting your invitation. Click on Show Invitation to proceed.
Figure: The Hockey-App Invitation E-mail Contents.
- Upon clicking Show Invitation you will be greeted with a signup/signin form. You can either accept the invitation via your previous Hockey-App account or you can create a new one. Signup is completely free.
Figure: The Hockey-App Signup Form
- Upon Registration and logging in, you will be presented with the following Screen. Click on the Menu at top-right screen and select Devices. If you registered using your desktop computer/mac, you will need to login via your Device. Open Browser on your Device and navigate to rink.hockeyapp.net and login with your credentials.
Figure: Devices Screen
- In the following screen, you will be able to download Hockey-App and install onto your device. Click on Install HockeyApp to proceed.
Figure: Installing Hockey-App
- You will be provided some simple instructions on how to download and install the Hockey-App. Follow the instructions and click Download HockeyApp for Android, which will download the .apk file for installation.
Figure: Downloading Hockey-App
- Upon Downloading the HockeyApp .apk file, you will be presented with a familiar Android App installation dialog. Click Install to complete the installation.
Figure: Installing The Hockeyapp .apk
- Once Complete, you will be able to launch HockeyApp from your Device’s App Menu at any time. Do so now and you will be prompted to sign in. Do so with your previously registered account and you should be able to see the apps which you have access to.
Figure: Launching Hockey-App
Upon completing the installation of Hockey-App you will have access to the Android version of your app. You can freely install and run the desired app. Keep in mind that Hockey-App will not keep your installed application up to date so keep an eye out for latest builds via Hockey-App.
Optionally, you may request us to send you automatically generated notifications as soon as a new version/build of your apps become available. Notifications are turned off by default.