App Center is the preferred app distribution channel for all Plattar tester apps. App Center will allow you to download and install the latest versions of the apps which you’ve been shared into. You will also have access to the absolute latest builds as they occur.
Accepting your App Center invitation (Android)
Accepting your invitation to App Center will allow you to test the latest developer builds of Plattar powered Applications. Keep in mind that these apps are not production ready and may contain bugs, errors or crashes. The Plattar Development Team is continuously developing these apps and new versions become available very frequently. App Center provides an opportunity for you to test these apps before they go live into the app store.
Follow the instructions below to accept your invitation.
- Your App Center invitation will appear in the e-mail address which you provided to the Plattar Team. If you did not receive your invitation, check your trash folder otherwise contact [email protected] along with the name of your referrer.
Figure: The App Center Invitation
- Your Invitation E-mail will contain a button along with simple instructions on accepting your invitation. Click on Show Invitation to proceed.
Figure: The App Center Invitation E-mail Contents.
- Upon clicking Show Invitation you will be greeted with a signup/signin form. You can either accept the invitation via your previous App Center account or you can create a new one. Signup is completely free.
Figure: The App Center Signup Form
- Upon Registration and logging in, you will be presented with the following Screen. Click on the Menu at top-right screen and select Devices. If you registered using your desktop computer/mac, you will need to login via your Device. Open Browser on your Device and navigate to https://appcenter.ms/apps and login with your credentials.
Figure: Devices Screen
- In the following screen, you will be able to download App Center and install onto your device. Click on Install App Center to proceed.
Figure: Installing App Center
- You will be provided some simple instructions on how to download and install the App Center. Follow the instructions and click Download App Center for Android, which will download the .apk file for installation.
Figure: Downloading App Center
- Upon Downloading the App Center .apk file, you will be presented with a familiar Android App installation dialog. Click Install to complete the installation.
Figure: Installing The App Center .apk
- Once Complete, you will be able to launch App Center from your Device’s App Menu at any time. Do so now and you will be prompted to sign in. Do so with your previously registered account and you should be able to see the apps which you have access to.
Figure: Launching App Center
Upon completing the installation of App Center you will have access to the Android version of your app. You can freely install and run the desired app. Keep in mind that App Center will not keep your installed application up to date so keep an eye out for latest builds via App Center.
Optionally, you may request us to send you automatically generated notifications as soon as a new version/build of your apps become available. Notifications are turned off by default.